TYPHON is an open-source CFD project for users and developpers.
It has been designed as a multi-solver platform where it could be easily added a new solver or a new data structure.
For now, it provides a finite volume solver for compressible flows (inviscid or laminar) and a finite volume solver for heat transfer (with BC inverse capabality).
A sum up of main features is available in this article. A more detailed article lists all modifications.
The core structure is based on a unsteady integration of user-defined cycle duration. Each cycle integration process is independent: one can choose different mesh based structures or different methods on different equations set. The core is currently organised with
- a full unstructured 2D/3D mesh (CGNS input)
- an automatic mesh splitting and MPI based parallel computations
- a conjugate heat transfer/fluid process
An Open source project
Contributors are welcomed to add a new solver or specific interface with other projects. It is proposed
- turbulence modelling (RANS), Large eddy simulation (LES)
- Multigrid and implicit method for convergence acceleration
- Dual time stepping
- Adaptative mesh refinement (AMR)
- graphical user interface for parameter input
- incompressible fluid solver
- output format to post-processing softwares
It is planned to separate most of geometric pre/post processing in another sourceforge project: CFDTOOLS.