New The newsletter EADS Corporate Foundation wrote a report on the summer school, see
Oct 31st 2013
The Summer School on Critical Embedded Systems aims at presenting state-of-the-art techniques, methodologies and tools for the engineering of critical embedded systems across its life-cycle, from early requirement elicitation up to certification. It is organized by the safety-Critical Embedded SystEms Chair – CESEC.
The Summer School will provide students with scientific and technical sessions on hot topics in this domain, but also practical sessions to consolidate new know-hows.
For its inaugural session, the Summer School will focus on a fertile multi-domain theme : engineering of drones, covering paths from system engineering down to electrical engineering, including architecture and control/command aspects.
Animated by practitioners from the industry and the academia, the School will cover the following topics :
- UAVs : introduction to a family of systems for new mission and services
- Operation of UAVs in shared sky, certification and safety issues
- System Architecture : interfaces, dimensioning, sensors, actuators
- Systems Engineering : from mission statements to requirement engineering ;
- System Validation and Verification : performance, safety, qualification, etc.
- Design and implementation : control laws, software and electronic design ;
Demonstration sessions indoor and outdoor will complete the summer school, turning concepts into live and exciting moments.
Note the school will be taught in english
The Summer School on Critical Embedded System received the support of
the safety-Critical Embedded SystEms Chair – CESEC created by the EADS Corporate Foundation.
The summer school is organized in collaboration with the MAV Research Center.
Talks and Speakers
- Overview of drones systems : definition, missions — JM. Moschetta (ISAE/MAV Research Center)
- Rules and laws for operating drones : safety and certification — C. Ronflé-Nadaud (ENAC)
- Developping robotic applications using component-based architectures and SAIL (Software-Architecture-In-the-Loop) simulations — C. Lesire-Cabaniols (ONERA/DCSD)
- Filtering and hybridation for UAVs — V. Calmettes (ISAE)
- System Architecutre using SysML and Avatar — L. Apvrille (Telecom ParisTech), P. de Saqui-Sannes (ISAE)
- Towards Autonomous drones — Simon Lacroix, (LAAS)
- Software architecture and performance — E. Grolleau (ISAE/ENSMA)
- Certification considerations for UAV— F. Many (DGA/TA) et H. Bonnin (CapGemini)
- Safety Analysis — C. Seguin (ONERA/DCSD)
- GNC for Space Drones — J. Morand (EADS Astrium)
- Video surveillace and observation — JL Dugelay (Eurecom)
- Human factors and drone — P. Le Blaye (ONERA Salon de Provence)
- J. Cardoso — ISAE
- P. Farail — Airbus
- C. Fraboul — INP-ENSEEIHT
- P.E. Hladik – INSA Toulouse
- J. Hugues — ISAE
- S. Prudhomme — Airbus
- A. Rossignol — Astrium
10 avenue Edouard Belin
31055 Toulouse Cedex 4, France
Going to ISAE.